Is my information confidential?
Confidentiality is an integral component of the therapeutic relationship. Information about you or your file is strictly confidential and would only be released with your written permission, except when:
- disclosure is required to prevent a clear and imminent danger to the client or to others, including if the client reports current and active suicidal or homicidal intent;
- a client reports suspected abuse or neglect of a child or other vulnerable person; or
- legal requirements (e.g. subpoena) demand that confidential material be shared.
What does Allora Mean?
'Allora' is an Italian word integral to story-telling. It is most frequently used to denote the relationship between past, present , and future events; think "at that time" "so, then..." "because of that..." "ever since".
Are sessions covered by insurnace?
As a Registered Therapeutic Counsellor, my counselling services are covered by the following providers plans, should one’s individual plan include counselling:
- Alberta Blue Cross; ClaimSecure (if plan includes “Counsellors”);
- Equitable Life of Canada;
- Green Shield Canada; iA Financial Group;
- Pacific Blue Cross (if plan includes “services of Clinical Counsellor”;
- Sun Life (if plan includes “Counselling or psychotherapy”).
Please check your individual plan to ensure you are covered and please note it is the client is responsible for the filing of the insurance reimbursement.
What is your late policy?
I require 48 hours notice for any cancellations or changes to your appointment. Patients who fail to show up to an appointment without providing 48hrs notice or notice at all will be billed at the normal rate, payable on or before the next scheduled session.
What is the difference between a 'Counselor' and a 'Counsellor'
Great question. Counselor is simply the American English spelling and counsellor is the British English spelling of the same word.
How many sessions would I need?
It depends on the individual and the presenting issue they wish to explore. Some clients come to me with a need for support around situational concerns that resolve once life circumstances shift and others come to me requesting continued support around anxiety, trauma, and other relevant mental health challenges.